This is from Dr. Amy Myers site. I use her Collagen protein. You can find it at www.amymyersmd.com
Lasagna Pasta Dish:
2 lbs of Organic ground meat ( I use ground turkey)
2 jars of Organic marinara sauce without sugar added * if you are avoiding night shades you can make a sauce from beets. This will allow you to avoid tomatoes and peppers.
2 boxes of grain free pasta ( made from lentils or chick peas) Try and get it without any gums added.
2 large or 4 small zucchini chopped
1 large onion chopped ( optional onion powder)
6 garlic cloves minced
Sprinkle or to Taste:
Italian Seasoning ( oregano, basil and thyme )
2 bags of Daiya or dairy free cheese, I prefer Daiya as it is soy free. Make sure it is Mozzarella shredded in the bag.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Cut zucchini into small pieces, onions into small pieces and mince the garlic
3. In a Large skillet over medium heat, put in some coconut oil to cover pan. Add in Fennel seed, garlic, onion, zucchini and cook and stir for a few minutes. Add in Ground Turkey and rest of seasonings to cover over the meat and stir all together. Let Cook till Turkey is cooked all the way through and not pink.
4. After meat is cooked, add in the marinara sauce and stir, allow to simmer while you make the pasta. then shut off.
5. In a large pot add water and boil, cook pasta to directions on box, most have you add salt and boil for 5- 9 minutes. Strain and add back to pot.
6. IN a large glass baking dish, you will now layer. Take a little bit of the meat/sauce mix and cover the bottom of the pan, next put on a pasta layer and then a little of the Daiya cheese, Keep alternating till you have a couple of thicker layers to the top. Make sure all the pasta is covered so it doesn't get hard and crunchy. Unless you like that. :)
7. Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes, till it looks bubbly and blended together. I even stir it around the ends when I take it out.
Enjoy!!This is a family and client favorite! Serve with some steamed or roasted veggies on the side!
Crock Pot Chicken, Rice and Broccoli:
4-8 Chicken breasts, about a cup of Organic Chicken Broth, 1-2 Cups of Organic Brown Rice, 1 bag of Frozen or fresh organic Broccoli. Lemon juice about 2 tbsp, Garlic about 2 cloves minced, Italian seasonings.
Put one cup of the chicken broth in crock pot and add the rice, sprinkle the seasoning over the top and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of garlic minced, then add the chicken, you can spray it with olive oil or just drizzle a little over the top of the chicken and sprinkle more seasoning on it and other tbsp of lemon juice and garlic. Cook on low for about 4 hours or till your desired tenderness and done. Not pink!!
Add sea salt if you desire. not much just a little. I don't eat rice anymore, you can always use rice, quinoa or just skip that part like me.
Shrimp Ceviche Stuffed Avocados: I got this one from the Eating Clean recipe book from Tosca Reno.
1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
1/2 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped avoid if Nightshade sensitive.
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped avoid if night shade sensitive
1 tomato, finely chopped avoid if nightshade sensitive
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Juice of 1/2 orange (about 1/8 cup)
Juice of 2 limes ( 4-6 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp of sea salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Remove shrimp tails and discard. Cut each shrimp into three or four pieces. In a bowl, combine shrimp with all other ingredient except avocados. Refrigerate for 15 min to allow flavors to combine.
2. Cut Avocados in half and remove pits. Using a large spoon, scoop avocados out of their skins. Spoon Ceviche mixture into center of each avocado half, allowing it to over flow. Serve immediately.
Protein: 26 grams
Cholesterol: 220 mg
Carbs: 15 grams
Fat: 16 grams
Sugar: 4 grams
Sodium: 463 mg.
Ingredients: 1/1/2 cups of Seed and fruit mix like Enjoy life not nuts! I like the Beach Bash one.
1/2 cup of Organic raisins and Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips mixed to = 1/2 cup total not of each.
1/3 cup of Organic Arrowhead Mills Quinoa Rice Shine hot cereal
(not cooked) Or Grain FREE Coconut Flakes cereal.
1 tsp of Cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
2/3 cup of Organic Honey or maple syrup you can use less as I think without adding nuts it can go with less, if you add a couple of cups of nuts use the whole 2/3 cups of syrup.
Preheat oven to 350
Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper
Mix all the dry together and then add the rice syrup and mix well for all to be covered. Press into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and be sure to let it cool about 20 minutes, it is soft and gooey and will be able to cut after it cools well.
Feel free to add in any other ingredients you like for a change, IF you can eat nuts go for it. :)
Enjoy: Dani Laux